Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day #83 - 6/3/2011 - another day in Glencoe, IL

Bill took some time off from work and we hung out together. We took off to the Illinois Holocaust Museum  in Skokie.
Photography is prohibited at the Holocaust Museum in Skokie.   The displays at the museum are as powerful as they are understated.  Being pretty knowledgeable about the Holocaust, I was quick to realize that I really didn't need to be there.
Bill was an avid would-be golfer and suggested we could play at the local par-3.  I had taken lessons for a bit, but had not swung a club in probably two years...and I wasn't that good when I stopped.  We hit some balls and I practiced the drills that had been at the core of my lessons, a technique known as Gravity Golf.   We had a good time and I managed to hit some decent shots without completely embarrassing myself.
As my wife and kids are the best things about me, so is the same with  Bill.    Alexandra and Bill, two of my favorite people,  took me out for dinner.
One more day in Glencoe before Lani and I fly to Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment